223 - Robotics Engineering Certificate - NPS Online
The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) offers the Graduate Certificate Program in Robotics Engineering. This highly-relevant, four-course online program helps DoD professionals advance their careers and become leaders in the emerging fields of unmanned vehicles (UxVs), robotics, and autonomous systems.
“Advances in A.I., autonomous control systems, advanced computing, big data, learning machines... ...are leading us toward great human-machine collaboration.”
—Mr. Robert O. Work, Former Deputy Sec.of Defense
- Students interested in advancing their careers in the fields of unmanned vehicles (UxVs), robotics, and autonomous systems will be well suited for this certificate program.
- Resident and non-resident U.S. military officers and U.S. government civilians, particularly practicing engineers within the Naval Research and Development Establishment.
Requirements for Entry
- Baccalaureate degree in engineering or closely related field
- Experience with computer programming
- Command/company endorsement
- Provide foundational knowledge to begin working on NR&DE
topics in robotics and autonomous systems
- Focus on uniquely relevant defense (NAVSEA/NAVAIR) examples and
- Sensor integration
- Combine NPS expertise in distance learning and hands-on education.
- Foster collaboration and alignment across NR&DE
- Technical concepts and skills necessary to understand, design, and operate robotic systems.
- Faculty-led instruction plus hands-on (lab and collaborative) activities.
- Flexible and self-paced learning experiences.
- Challenging opportunities to apply knowledge to defense-related problems and contexts.
- Career advancement and an added credential for practicing engineers.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
The academic certificate program must be completed within three years of admission to the program. A student must maintain a 3.0 GQPR to be awarded a certificate.
See the Program Brochure (PDF) for more information about this offering.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due