274: Anti-Submarine Warfare Certificate - NPS Online
Anti-Submarine Warfare Certificate
Est.imated Completion Time: 12 months
Subspecialty Code: 6301L
Program Area: Maritime Battlespace Environments
POC: Academic Associate
Modality: Distance Learning
The ASW Certificate consists of a sequence of four highly technical courses designed to provide our civilian and active-duty workforce with a learning experience which extends their general undergraduate education to include the essential concepts, equations, and skill sets needed to understand, design, and use ASW systems. The web-based courses are paced week-to-week by the instructors, but students have the flexibility to do coursework at times of their choosing during each week.
The following are eligible for this offering:
- Naval Officers
- Naval Enlisted
- Non-Naval Officers
- Non-Naval Enlisted
- DON Civilians
- DOD Civilians
- Defense Contractors
- Non-DOD Federal Employees
- State and Local Government Employees
- International military personnel
- International non-military personnel
- Baccalaureate degree
- Single-variable calculus for science or engineering
- Calculus-based probability
At the completion of the certificate program:
- Students can define key concepts in geological, physical, and biological oceanography and evaluate their implications in naval operations.
- Students can evaluate the performance of a sonar system and design a basic sonar system to achieve given operational requirements.
- Students can analyze one dimensional acoustic signals.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in fundamental concepts of array processing.
- Students can apply logic, analytics, and mathematical modeling to quantitatively evaluate naval tactics against an adversary in search, patrol, and combat operations.
Applications are handled by the NPS Admissions Office. Please visit the admissions website or contact them at email@example.com.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For specific tuition information for this offering, please visit this offering’s More Information page.
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
The academic certificate program must be completed within three years of admission to the program. A student must maintain a 3.0 GQPR in the certificate courses to be awarded a certificate.
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin