CS3332: Applied Machine Learning - NPS Online
Survey of machine-learning techniques of artificial intelligence with a particular focus on military applications. Topics include types of machine learning, training and testing of machine learning, data preparation, decision trees, Bayesian reasoning, linear models, neural networks, case-based reasoning, and reinforcement learning. Each method will be related to important military and government applications. This course is intended for students who are not computer-science majors.
Included in degrees & certificates
- Identify and distinguish the major methods of machine learning.
- Be able to prepare data for effective use of machine-learning methods.
- Be able to run machine-learning methods on a standard tool.
- Be able to interpret output of machine-learning methods, and draw valid conclusions from it.
- Understand the major terms used to describe machine learning.
- Be able to use machine-learning tools.
- Be able to draw conclusions from results of machine learning.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due