EC2410: Analysis of Signals and Systems - NPS Online
Analysis of Signals and Systems
Est.imated Completion Time: 3 months
POC: NPS Online Support
Analysis of digital and analog signals in the frequency domain; properties and applications of the discrete Fourier transform, the Fourier series, and the continuous Fourier transform; analysis of continuous systems using convolution and frequency domain methods; applications to sampling, windowing, and amplitude modulation and demodulation systems.
- Determine the effects of sampling a continuous-time signal and compute the power and energy of a continuous-time and/or discrete-time signal.
- Evaluate the expected continuous-time expression for a signal by using the spectrum information of the discretized signal.
- Compute the response of a LTI system by convolution and the response of a LTI system to a cosine signal excitation.
- Characterize a LTI system in terms of its frequency response.
- Compute the response of a LTI system by using FT properties and the Discrete Fourier Transform of a discrete time signal.
- Analyze the contents of a basic discrete time signal from its frequency information.
Ability to program in MATLAB is required.
Offerings database access
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin