EC2410: Analysis of Signals and Systems - NPS Online
Analysis of digital and analog signals in the frequency domain; properties and applications of the discrete Fourier transform, the Fourier series, and the continuous Fourier transform; analysis of continuous systems using convolution and frequency domain methods; applications to sampling, windowing, and amplitude modulation and demodulation systems.
- Determine the effects of sampling a continuous-time signal and compute the power and energy of a continuous-time and/or discrete-time signal.
- Evaluate the expected continuous-time expression for a signal by using the spectrum information of the discretized signal.
- Compute the response of a LTI system by convolution and the response of a LTI system to a cosine signal excitation.
- Characterize a LTI system in terms of its frequency response.
- Compute the response of a LTI system by using FT properties and the Discrete Fourier Transform of a discrete time signal.
- Analyze the contents of a basic discrete time signal from its frequency information.
Ability to program in MATLAB is required.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due