EC3130: Electrical Machinery Theory - NPS Online
An introduction to the analysis of magnetically-coupled circuits, dc machines, induction machines, and synchronous machines. The course will include explicit derivations of torque, voltage, and flux linkage equations, formulation of steady-state circuits, development of reference frame theory, and the basics of machine simulation as required in shipboard electric drive analysis.
Included in degrees & certificates
- Analyze the transformer and generic motors with magnetic circuits.
- Describe and calculate how mechanical torques are generated in generic motors.
- Describe how the equivalent circuits are developed for transformer, synchronized motor, and inductor motor.
- Describe the per-unit system.
- Analyze the motor electric current, terminal voltage, mechanical torque based on equivalent circuits under different operation conditions.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due