EC4130: Advanced Electrical Machinery Systems - NPS Online
The course delves into the analysis and design of motor drives for shipboard electrical power systems. It offers a detailed examination of the modeling for power converters, both as rectifiers and inverters, as well as various types of electric motors. Coupled with contemporary control theories and controller design, the course further explores practical design challenges and their solutions specific to shipboard electrical power systems.
Included in degrees & certificates
- Analyze the transformer and generic motors with magnetic circuits.
- Describe and calculate how mechanical torques are generated in generic motors.
- Describe how the equivalent circuits are developed for transformer, synchronized motor, and inductor motor.
- Describe the per-unit system.
- Analyze the motor electric current, terminal voltage, mechanical torque based on equivalent circuits under different operation conditions.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due