MN3401: The Academy and the Brigade - NPS Online
The Academy and the Brigade
Est.imated Completion Time: 3 months
POC: NPS Online Support
This course is designed to make you a more effective leader, teacher and role model. It covers a combination of topical leadership concerns, adult learning theory, and organizational psychology associated with service as a Company Officer at the United States Naval Academy. It will involve discussions with some of the Academy’s key stakeholders and debates about the most effective means to produce highly capable Navy and Marine Corps officers. It will involve examining the principal institutional challenges and their potential solutions. Above all, this course will expose the student to the key issues facing the Academy and Brigade of Midshipmen.
Included in degrees & certificates
- Identify the unique contribution the Academy makes in developing leaders to serve the Nation.
- Describe the institutional values, regulations, and norms governing professional conduct (at and beyond USNA).
- Describe the ways to help midshipmen understand the criteria upon which they’ll be judged.
- Describe the most effective methods for leading, coaching, mentoring, and teaching undergraduates at USNA.
- Identify the ways these methods differ from those you have employed in past positions in the fleet and operating forces.
- Describe the desired product of the Naval Academy and your influence on its creation.
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin