MN3401: The Academy and the Brigade - NPS Online
This course is designed to make you a more effective leader, teacher and role model. It covers a combination of topical leadership concerns, adult learning theory, and organizational psychology associated with service as a Company Officer at the United States Naval Academy. It will involve discussions with some of the Academy’s key stakeholders and debates about the most effective means to produce highly capable Navy and Marine Corps officers. It will involve examining the principal institutional challenges and their potential solutions. Above all, this course will expose the student to the key issues facing the Academy and Brigade of Midshipmen.
Included in degrees & certificates
- Identify the unique contribution the Academy makes in developing leaders to serve the Nation.
- Describe the institutional values, regulations, and norms governing professional conduct (at and beyond USNA).
- Describe the ways to help midshipmen understand the criteria upon which they’ll be judged.
- Describe the most effective methods for leading, coaching, mentoring, and teaching undergraduates at USNA.
- Identify the ways these methods differ from those you have employed in past positions in the fleet and operating forces.
- Describe the desired product of the Naval Academy and your influence on its creation.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due