OS3080: Data Analysis and Probability Models - NPS Online
Data Analysis and Probability Models
Est.imated Completion Time: 3 months
POC: NPS Online Support
Included in degrees & certificates
- Learn hypothesis testing for contingency tables, ANOVA, and nonparametric tests.
- Discuss and design experiments for two-factor, three factor and larger. Methods to screen experiments when number of factors are large.
- Effectively use simple and multiple regression to create models for data.
- Learn how to effectively work with time series, including use of lagging variables, autoregression techniques and smoothing models.
- Review basic probability concepts and Bayes’ theorem. Learn about conditioning to compute expectation and probability.
- Introduce reliability for systems in series and/or parallel. Define failure rate and hazard rate. Fit parametric models to failure data including censored data.
- Review Poisson and exponential distributions. Define Poisson Processes.
- Introduce stochastic models. Learn terminology for Markov models, one-step of n-step transition matrices, steady state probabilities and mean first passage time.
Offerings database access
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin