SE3050: Introduction to Digital Engineering with Model-Based Systems Engineering - NPS Online
An introduction to the fundamentals of a digital engineering using a model-based systems engineering approach. The focus is on developing skills expected of all engineers working in a digital engineering environment. At the core of digital approaches to model-based systems engineering is problem-solving in a disciplined and rational manner using modeling languages applied to modeling methods. You will develop abilities to model, design, communicate, and collaborate as engineers applying modeling languages, modeling methods, and ontologies to develop digital artifacts using critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication, and systems thinking. The course includes the application of model-based systems engineering tools and methods to an integrative lab project, as well as development of communication skills through oral presentations and written reports.
Included in degrees & certificates
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define digital engineering environment.
- Describe what it means for a digital model to be accurate, complete, trusted, and be reusable.
- Describe the interrelationships among model elements and diagrams.
- Explain model management and conceptual data models, and how they relate to systems modeling efforts.
- Apply digital modeling tools to the solution of an engineering problem.
- Use modeling languages, concepts, diagrams, data attributes to create model artifacts.
- Use modeling environments to generate diagrams and establish system model data attributes.
- Identify and locate data necessary to create a system model and architecture products when using digital engineering tools.
- Collaborate while using digital modeling environments.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due