SE4980: Enterprise Systems Engineering - NPS Online
Enterprise Systems Engineering
Est.imated Completion Time: 3 months
POC: NPS Online Support
The modeling, analysis, and design of enterprise systems defined as a socio-technical system that comprises interdependent resources of people, information, and technology that collectively fulfills the enterprise's mission. Adopting this view, the Navy is an enterprise system, and this course takes a systems engineering approach to designing these types of socio-technical systems. Topics include enterprise needs analysis; enterprise architecture; process modeling, analysis, and design; information modeling, analysis, and design; organization modeling, analysis, and design; and the integration of these views.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Model and analyze the process, information, and organizational views of an enterprise.
- Describe and compare enterprise architectural frameworks.
- Specify a system engineering process model for an enterprise project and substantiate the reasons for selecting that process model.
- Develop an integration plan for an enterprise.
- Produce a plan to evolve the enterprise system from the as-is architecture to a desired to-be architecture.
- As an evolving field, research an enterprise systems topic and write a concise and insightful paper describing the outstanding issues and current thoughts on the topic.
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin
15 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations end