SS3001: Military Applications of National Space Systems - NPS Online
Space Systems and technologies of interest to the military. Strategic and tactical imagery and SIGINT requirements. Tasking and use of national space systems and ground support elements. Vulnerability considerations and impact of current R&D programs. Requires TOP SECRET clearance with access to SCI.
Security clearance: TS/SCI
Included in degrees & certificates
At the conclusion of SS3001 students will have the following knowledge and skills/abilities:
- Students can describe the roles and responsibilities of organizations within the intelligence community; specifically, each organization’s role in the Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TCPED) processes.
- Students will discuss how defense agencies within the intelligence community execute their mission for the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
- Students can describe how national systems apply the physics of remote sensing.
- Students can describe the physics behind geolocation.
- Students can list and describe the products provided by national systems.
- Students can list the national systems and their general capabilities by payload and orbit.
- Students can list and describe the various intelligence disciplines derived from space systems.
- Students can describe the national systems architecture, the organizations within it, and how the components of the architecture support mission accomplishment.
- Students can visualize the orbits of and capabilities provided by national systems.
- Students can calculate the geolocation accuracy derived from passive remote sensing systems.
- Students can analyze the national systems architecture for defensive space operations.
- Students can leverage and operate NRO tools to support military operations.
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due
08 Jul 2024
Fall Quarter applications due