274: Anti-Submarine Warfare Certificate - NPS Online
Anti-Submarine Warfare Certificate
Est.imated Completion Time: 12 months
Subspecialty Code: 6301L
Program Area: Maritime Battlespace Environments
POC: Academic Associate
Sponsor/AOR: NPS Makalapa
Modality: Distance Learning
The ASW Certificate consists of a sequence of four highly technical courses designed to provide our civilian and active-duty workforce with a learning experience which extends their general undergraduate education to include the essential concepts, equations, and skill sets needed to understand, design, and use ASW systems. The web-based courses are paced week-to-week by the instructors, but students have the flexibility to do coursework at times of their choosing during each week.
The following are eligible for this offering:
- Naval Officers
- Naval Enlisted
- Non-Naval Officers
- Non-Naval Enlisted
- DON Civilians
- DOD Civilians
- Defense Contractors
- Non-DOD Federal Employees
- State and Local Government Employees
- International military personnel
- International non-military personnel
- Baccalaureate degree
- Single-variable calculus for science or engineering
- Calculus-based probability
At the completion of the certificate program:
- Students can define key concepts in geological, physical, and biological oceanography and evaluate their implications in naval operations.
- Students can evaluate the performance of a sonar system and design a basic sonar system to achieve given operational requirements.
- Students can analyze one dimensional acoustic signals.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in fundamental concepts of array processing.
- Students can apply logic, analytics, and mathematical modeling to quantitatively evaluate naval tactics against an adversary in search, patrol, and combat operations.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For specific tuition information for this offering, please visit this offering’s More Information page.
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
The academic certificate program must be completed within three years of admission to the program. A student must maintain a 3.0 GQPR in the certificate courses to be awarded a certificate.
27 Mar 2023
Spring quarter instruction begins
29 May 2023
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony