118: Aerospace Engineering Certificate - NPS Online
Aerospace Engineering Certificate
Est.imated Completion Time: 12 months
Program Area: Naval Engineering
POC: Program POC
Modality: Distance Learning
The Aerospace Engineering Certificate is designed for a practicing engineers with a STEM undergraduate degree to provide foundational knowledge to begin working on topics in aerospace & missile systems. Uniquely relevant defense examples and applications include missile design and aircraft systems integration. The objective of this program is to provide graduate education in the field of Aerospace Engineering in order to produce graduates that have a working knowledge and technical competence for the operation, design, and acquisition of modern military aerospace systems.
|Courses 1–4||Choose 4 of the following:
- The Aerospace Engineering program is designed to meet the specific needs of the U.S. Military and its international partners with a broad-based graduate education in the areas of aerodynamics, flight mechanics, propulsion, flight structures, and systems integration with a focus on missile design, autonomous systems, fixed-wing and rotary aircraft. Additionally, officers receive graduate level instruction in aircraft/missile design.
- Apply U.S. military standards and industry practices to solve engineering problems and analyze structural components of aerospace systems.
- Be able to analyze and design aircraft and missile guidance and control systems, including feedback stabilization schemes using classical and modern control techniques.
- Understand the principles and operating characteristics of fixed wing, rotary wing, and missile propulsion engines and be able to analyze the performance of rocket motors through knowledge of the behavior and design characteristics of their individual components.
- Integrate all of the disciplines of aerospace engineering into a design of a missile or autonomous system rotorcraft in response to a realistic set of military requirements, specifications, constraints and cost limitations. The design must include considerations for safety, reliability, maintainability and survivability.
Applications are handled by the NPS Admissions Office. Please visit the admissions website or contact them at email@example.com.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For information regarding tuition, please contact the NPS Tuition office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact this offering’s POC at email@example.com.
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
The academic certificate program must be completed within three years of admission to the program. A student must maintain a 3.0 GQPR to be awarded a certificate.
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin