238: Basic Contract Management Certificate - NPS Online
Basic Contract Management Certificate
Program Area: Defense Systems Management
POC: Program Support
Modality: Distance Learning
The Basic Contract Management Certificate is a graduate academic certificate program available to NPS resident and distance learning students. Designed for students interested in basic concepts of Contract Management. This certificate supports continuous acquisition reform initiatives mandated by Congress and senior leaders and also supports initiatives to educate operational warfighters in the business of contract management. The certificate contributes to Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in the Contract Management career field.
- Baccalaureate degree defined in section 4.2 of the Academic Council policy manual
Students will learn:
- Principles and concepts of contract management and the contracting life cycle phases and how they are applied in the federal government and the DoD.
- Application of contract pricing theory and strategies, to include costing methods, cost and price analysis, cost principles, and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Contract management functions and decision-making techniques in the preaward, award, and post award contracting phases, to include both buyer and seller processes and job tasks.
- Application of the art and science of developing and conducting comprehensive government contract negotiations, with an emphasis on cost and price analytical techniques.
Applications are handled by the NPS Admissions Office. Please visit the admissions website or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For specific tuition information for this offering, please visit this offering’s More Information page.
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
Requirements for the Basic Contract Management Certificate are met by successful completion of the four courses and graduate credit is obtained by maintenance of 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
06 Jun 2023
Spring quarter pre-graduation awards ceremony
09 Jun 2023
Spring quarter last day of classes
13 Jun 2023
Spring quarter final examinations begin