281: Systems Analysis Certificate - NPS Online
The Systems Analysis Certificate program is a distance learning, graduate-level, nondegree program designed to meet the needs of the Navy and other services in the Department of Defense (DoD) for nondegree technical education in systems analysis as a basis for aiding key decisions on force requirements, weapon systems, and other defense matters. Students learn and apply modeling, optimization, simulation, and decision making under risk and uncertainty. The Certificate Program consists of four courses delivered entirely online over a one-year period. The course content and projects will challenge the student academically and address problems of interest to the Department of Defense. The courses are paced week-to-week by the instructors, but the students have great flexibility to do their course work at times of their choosing during each week.
Included in degrees & certificates
The following are eligible for this offering:
- Naval Officers
- Naval Enlisted
- Non-Naval Officers
- Non-Naval Enlisted
- DON Civilians
- DOD Civilians
- Non-DOD Federal Employees
- International military personnel
- International non-military personnel
Requirements for Entry
- Baccalaureate Degree
- GPA of 2.2 or better (GPA waiver may be granted)
- Calculus with C or better (Calculus waiver unlikely; please click here for a calculus review)
At the completion of the certificate program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental for systems analysis, including selected applications of probability and statistics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the modeling and simulation of combat systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Naval tactical analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Naval systems analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in appropriate presentation of technical material.
Tuition & Service Obligation
For specific tuition information for this offering, please visit this offering’s More Information page.
For information regarding service obligation, please visit the Admissions Office’s Eligibility/Service Obligation page.
Earns credit towards the DL Master of Systems Analysis degree or an in-residence MS in Systems Engineering Analysis degree. Requirements for the graduate certificate in Systems Analysis are met by successful completion of all four courses. In the case of recent college graduates who have completed calculus-based Probability and Statistics within 3 years of starting the Systems Analysis Certificate, an approved substitute for OS2080 to count towards the Systems Analysis Certificate is OS4011 Risk Benefit Analysis, OS3211 Systems Optimization, or OS3080 Data Analysis and Probability Models.
25 Sep 2023
Winter quarter applications due
08 Jan 2024
Spring Quarter applications due
01 Apr 2024
Summer Quarter applications due